Sunday, March 8, 2009

The Game Experience


With new HD TVs, surround sound, and plasma screeens watching sports at home makes you feel like your in the action. While this may be true, nothing can trump the experience of actually going to a sporting event. The sounds, the colors, and the fan interactions are all things that cannot be matched on even the best televisions.



The one thing I would like to focus on today is fan interactions. In every corner of the Earth sports are celebrated in the same manner. People cheer when their team does well and boo when their team isn't doing so hot. We all even make the same had gestures. Clapping signifies satisfaction for a play while thumbs down or the middle finger represent dissatisfaction. What i'm trying to get at is that fan interaction is universal and this allows any person from anywhere in the world to go and enjoy a sports game.




Perhaps the single greatest thing that can only be expirienced by actually going to a game is the enthuisiasm and pride fans take in their team. Seeing the excitment in a fan's face after a goal or the anxiety that comes from a close game is priceless. Watching the fans is a form of entertainment itself, an entertainment well worth the price of admission.





1 comment:

  1. Nothing can beat going to a game and having the full thrill and experience. I like to watch basketball games with the television real tould and I just focus on the games and like no one to interrupt me watching it. But when I go to football or basketball games, I yell the entire time. About 2 weeks ago I went to a basketball game, and I was yelling so loud at the opposing coach at one point that I hurt my throat and I was going to hurt myself at that point. But nothing can beat going to a game.

    ReplyDelete